It is well known that the traditional machining methods of polygonal holes include punching and spark erosion fabrication, etc. All of these methods needs special purpose machine to finish the machining hole, meanwhile spark erosion fabrication method will produce waste gas to pollution the environment, and relatively expensive. With the innovative technology in machinery field, and improvement of machining technic, RBT company has developed a complex tool, which is named ‘Polygonal Rotary Broaching Tool’. This tool does not need a special purpose machine, only needs driving in any power unit for working; it has the advantages of economy and environmental protection. Just single set-up, and the serial procedure is completed once, for machining different shaped hole, just only need to replace the broaching head; therefore, the accuracy and efficiency are greatly improved. This tool is suitable for processing metal parts with hardness less than HRC30.
For different requirements of hole shape, the hole shapes are available: hexagonal holes, square holes, stellated holes, splined holes, column-shaped holes, etc.
Video of Hexagonal Rotary Broaching Tool
Catalogue & Operating Manual of Hexagonal Rotary Broaching Tool
Usages & Notes
- Keep and use the tool is clamped onto the rotatable and feeding machine turret (holder), spindle, and tailstock (lathe, drilling machine, milling machine, machining center, etc.), In order to ensure the machining accuracy of hole, the tool center must be aligned with center of preprocessed hole.
- Tool rotation or workpiece are available, it depends on your choice, must be kept the tool rotation in positive (rotation according to the direction indicated by arrow on tool).
- To increase service life of tool, please use coolant or cutting oil when processing.
- Preprocessed hole that to be broached, which the diameter should be slightly bigger than or equal to the diameter of incircle of the polygonal broaching head (If there is the hexagonal hole, which the diameter should be larger than or equal to the opposite side distance); The preprocessed hole must be chamfered before broaching, and the hole diameter after chamfering should be bigger than the diameter of the excircle of the polygonal broaching head, which is convenient for tool guidance; The depth of preprocessed hole should be more than 1.5 times of the diameter of incircle of polygonal broaching head.
- Keep the tool with low speed to contact workpiece, to increase the rotate speed when the broaching head in working state.
- Machining Parameters:
Rotate Speed: 600-2000 rev/min
Feed Rate: 0.1~0.5 mm/r (For copper & aluminum materials, which feed rate should be increased by 2-3 times.)